Dear Instructional Designer
Episode 36: Season 2 Wrap Up
Season 2 of Dear ID is finally over! In this episode, I share some stats about my 2016 year of projects, takeways from Season 2's focus on tools and tech, and what's next for Season 3 of Dear ID.
Season 2 of Dear ID is finally over! In this episode, I share some stats about my 2016 year of projects, takeways from Season 2's focus on tools and tech, and what's next for Season 3 of Dear ID. I'm sick (for the first time in forever!) but I wanted to get out this season review.
Also, a call to action for a crazy idea: If you wouldn't mind talking with me for a few episodes in Season 3, reach out!
##Books I Read This Year
(Highly Recommended, All!)
- Design for How People Learn by Julie Dirksen
- Brain Rules by John Medina
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Design for Real Life by Eric Meyers and Sara Wachter-Boettcher
- You're My Favorite Client by Mike Monteiro
##Learning Opportunities We Learned About this Season
- Torrance Learning xAPI Cohort (keep an eye out for the 2017 cohort announcement): http://www.torrancelearning.com/
- Designers for Learning: http://designersforlearning.org/
##Tiny Projects I've Shipped This Year
- This Podcast!
- Adapt Sample Course: http://www.knanthony.com/blog/trying-out-kineo-adapt-open-source-elearning-authoring-framework/
- Adapt plugin for HTML5 Games: https://www.adaptlearning.org/index.php/plugin-browser/
- Google Forms Branching Scenario: http://www.knanthony.com/blog/unconventional-using-google-forms-for-text-based-branching/
- xAPI Experimental Project: http://www.knanthony.com/blog/tracking-everything-in-storyline-with-xapi/
- Last 7 projects for the Front-End Development Cert in Free Code Camp: https://www.freecodecamp.com/anthkris
##Tiny Games I've Shipped This Year
See most of them here: https://anthkris.itch.io/
- A Bike for All Seasons (mini game in the Adapt course; created using Phaser JS)
- Sweets for Sweeting (created using Construct 2)
- Paleo (created using Phaser JS)
- Espiritus (created using Phaser JS)