Dear Instructional Designer
Episode 2: What should you Make?
In episode 2 of launch week, we discuss some ideas about how you can get over the "What do I make?" hurdle of portfolio creation.
In episode 2 of launch week, we discuss some ideas about how you can get over the "What do I make?" hurdle of portfolio creation. In particular, I suggest a 3-part emulation process: find some stuff to steal from, imitate and analyze, and last, transform. If you're having a difficult time finding inspiration to imitate, here are some ideas.
Sources of Inspiration
- Elearning Examples: https://www.pinterest.com/instbydesign/award-winning-elearning-examples/
- Interaction Inspiration :https://www.pinterest.com/instbydesign/interactions/
- Game Inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/instbydesign/interactions/
- Elearning Examples: http://elearningexamples.com/
- Elearning Heroes Challenges: https://community.articulate.com/hubs/e-learning-challenges
- Codrops: http://tympanus.net/codrops/
- Austin Kleon, Steal Like an Artist: http://austinkleon.com/steal/
- Meg Rabichaud, A Call to Call off the Witch Hunts: https://medium.com/@megdraws/a-call-to-call-off-the-witch-hunts-c45a8b14a338#.apt1a5hmz
- My blog post about Articulate Challenge #58: http://www.knanthony.com/blog/information-design-and-digital-magazines/
- My second blog post about Challenge #58: http://www.knanthony.com/blog/showing-my-work-digital-magazine/
Do me a solid and leave a review: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dear-instructional-designer/id1111995456?mt=2