Dear Instructional Designer
Episode 35: What's Next?
In this episode, I want to gaze into the future and talk about three areas I think may be useful for other instructional design newbies looking to develop their skills or dive into a niche area.
In this episode, I want to gaze into the future and talk about three areas I think may be useful for other instructional design newbies looking to develop their skills or dive into a niche area: virtual and augmented reality, chatbots, and interactive video. Tons of shownotes today.
- Duolingo Bots: http://bots.duolingo.com/
- How I Turned my Resume into a Chatbot: http://lifehacker.com/how-i-turned-my-resume-into-a-chat-bot-1775565350
- Chatfuel: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/chatfuel | https://www.producthunt.com/posts/chatfuel-for-messenger
- Botsify: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/botsify
- Octane AI: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/octane-ai
- Rebotify: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/rebotify
Interactive Video Examples
- A Trip out to Sea: http://sortieenmer.archives.grouek.com/
- 10 Early examples of interactive YouTube videos: http://mashable.com/_#mB_pZeU3OkqE
- Interactive video in Storyline: http://elearningexamples.com/interactive-video-quiz-example/
- Interactive Video Quiz: https://community.articulate.com/e-learning-examples/storyline-interactive-video
Interactive Video Resources
- WireWax: https://www.wirewax.com/staffpicks
- ThinkLink: https://video.thinglink.com/
- Vizia: https://vizia.co/
- Playposit: https://www.playposit.com/ (OER Resource)
- Hapyak: https://corp.hapyak.com/ (Up to 5 free; expensive subscription)
- Make a branching video in YouTube with annotations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSYpRhd1TiM